Tuesday, October 10, 2006

On perspective
One of the primary themes of all the conversations I had during the past 9 months is how everything changes when you have a child. I have to admit that (as a hold out from more idealistic and more cavalier times) my inner voice said throughout these conversations, "no joke." However, nothing illustrated that theme better than today.

As I mentioned in my last post, Liam had a rough night last night. Come to find out that it was due to the problems he has had with feeding (this is your time to say, "no joke.") After a morning of more of the same, K-'s excellent intuition had her call the doctor and they asked us to come in. Long story short, they gave us some much better strategies for feeding and gave us a focus - a wet diaper.

While this was already a goal we were discharged from the hospital, today it became our soul focus. When I watched TV, it was like it wasn't on. I went to Target and can't remember what I bought for us. On the way back from Target, I stopped at a stop light where the Lincoln next to me had an older woman at the wheel and a 3-4 foot Iguana on the dash - okay, that got my attention. When the wet diaper happened around 6, it was like winning the war, the world series, and the Oscars all at the same time. Strong work, Liam.

New pictures - Proud parents, this time.

From Liam Birth


From Liam Birth


From Liam Birth


From Liam Birth


From Liam Birth

1 comment:

Liam and Company said...

I hope to, but sooner or later he will be able to protest.