Monday, October 23, 2006

Liam's First Doctor Visit

Liam had his first official doctor's visit yesterday, and I can tell you that it went much better than the unofficial visit we took him on the first day we had him home to learn the mysteries of infant feeding. Liam has grown from his original 7 lbs and some and 19 inches long to 8 lbs and some and 21 inches long. Not bad work for laying around and doing nothing all day.

Not to brag, but the doctor also said that he is remarkably strong. I know last week that I was worried about his thuggish tendencies, but I much rather him be a strong thug than some Steve Bushemi type thug. I mean, if I had to choose.

In fact, she said he was so strong that we should be careful not to leave him on a bed or table alone, because he would likely flip himself off and land on the floor. The doctor added that, if we absoultely had to, we should at least put down a blanket.

K- and I have decided just to keep an eye on Liam's acrobatics instead. While we have plenty of blankets, it seems a waste to use them for such low grade collisions. I have to admit that I was unaware of the magical properties of blankets. I mean, I apprieciate their coziness. However, with my new found knowledge, I have taken to wrapping our cars with them.

No comments: