Friday, October 27, 2006

No Action
I've already mentioned earlier in the month the unexpected lack of fireworks in child-rearing. Under the heading of no action, there have been a number of beautiful evenings these past three weeks when K-, Liam, and L.V. are all sleeping at the same time. Liam in his chair and K- and L.V. curled up on the futon. These are some of my favorite times.

You would figure it would be just to have a free personal time (the only real adjustment I have felt over the past 3 weeks). Instead, I normally sit dumb with an odd feeling of pride. I say odd, because I haven't done anything to create such a peaceful scene. In fact, it takes most of my willpower to stop myself from taking their picture and ruining the scene with a flash. There is something though about watching them sleep and being almost certain that they are in a nice place that is pure pride.

No comments: