Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Why Men Don't Have Babies?

Since Liam has arrived, a number of (mostly female) individuals have asked me if I would have had the baby if I could. While Arnold Schwarzenegger's Junior was genius film-making (if you are not familiar, Arnold is a scientist - first laugh - makes himself pregnant - second laugh), I am not convinced that men having babies is such a good idea.

No, it is not because I don't think you should mess with nature. While against nature, Labradoodles are adorable and Snickerdoodles are delicious. Nor am I against it for the fact that men cannot take as much pain as women (We can't, but it is really beside the point).

The reason that I think it is a bad idea is because it would open up the flood gates of the male ego, engulfing all in it's wake. Many guys feel like they could conquer the universe when they install a garage door opener. Imagine if we could create life. It's just for the better if don't imagine such things.

No comments: